What is your favorite flooring with a house full of kids?

We have 8 children and 2 dogs. I currently have hardwood floors but don't like them much and need to get new flooring. Carpet is out due to allergies and asthma. SO we stick with hard flooring all over the house. My husband is a contractor so he can install it but I dont know what to pick. What do you all like?

martinmommy26

Asked by martinmommy26 at 10:03 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Home & Garden

• tile in the kitchen and bathrooms, hardwoods in the living room and dining room, and carpet in the bedrooms
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:04 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I have all hardwood on my ground floor, and I love it. We have 5 kids, I can't imagine having carpet.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:05 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Tile in the bathroom, laundry room and kitchen and hardwood in the living room and bedrooms.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 10:05 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I would go with tile. You can disinfect it and the dogs can't really scratch it up like hardwood.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 10:07 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• i'm hearing good things about the stained/stamped concrete..its very pretty..but i don't have any live-able experience with it.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:14 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• i love hardwood and tiles(not laminate but tiles). we ahve allergies so only a few area rugs on some floors.
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 12:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I would keep the hardwood floor and have them refinished. Tile can break if you drop a heavy object on it.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:07 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• i like tile
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 6:04 AM on Oct. 7, 2010