• In the Spotlight:

Living Room - Hardwood or Carpet?

Preferences? Why?

TeensMom07

Asked by TeensMom07 at 10:05 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in

• hardwood, it's pretty :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:06 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Carpet..It makes it feel more cozy.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:07 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Hardwood because I find carpet to be so gross. My daughter also plays with play doh in the living room and if it were to get stuck in carpet, it would be a pain to get up. Hardwood floors are so much easier to clean in my opinion. And from my understanding, carpets hold a lot of allergens or whatever.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 10:07 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• We have hardwood. It's cleaner, nothing getting imbedded in carpet, I can vacuum it up, and use my swiffer wet jet and it's always clean!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:07 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Hardwood. Much cleaner.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:08 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Hardwood,have asthma.
    Msfood4real

Answer by Msfood4real at 10:08 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• carpet
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 10:09 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• We have a hardwood border around two sides of our living room to serve as walkways in the high traffic areas, and carpet in the rest. I like the look of the hardwood, but unless you add rugs and lots of soft furniture, it can be a noisy room with lousy accoustics. My mom has hardwood and tile everywhere except her bedrooms, and her house is very noisy. Also, even though dirt is trapped in the carpet, it's not visible all the time...a hardwood floor that gets used needs to be cleaned a lot if you have kids, pets, or live in a very dusty area (I'm in West Texas, so we have a lot of dirt year round). i also have two toddlers that like to do gymnastics in the living room floor, and carpet is way more comfortable for that.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:13 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Hardwood with area rug. When we moved into our house it had carpet and once it was pulled up I was shocked to see how dirty it was under it. And this was after having them professionally cleaned. I don't care how good my vacuum is I can not stand the idea they do not get completely clean, and I am so far from being a germaphobe! We have pergo flooring and a very thin area rug. I think its better looking and I can see its clean. I do miss the carpet for the comfort and warmth in winter. The area rug serves that purpose for the most part.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 10:13 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• for a living room...carpet because it feel nice on your feet, you can just lie down on it and relax. my whole apartment is carpeted except for the kitchen and i love it
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:21 AM on Oct. 6, 2010