Not eating well after a virus

My 16 month old had a nasty virus late last week and all weekend. She ate next to nothing that whole time. She still isnt eating well I think we may be teething due to droll craziness but I am starting to get concerned. At meals she takes like 5 or 6 bites and is done. I know at this age they dont eat as much but just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?? She is drinking alot still which is good but I dont want her loosing weight or being hungry.

navyjen

Asked by navyjen at 10:05 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• As long as she is drinking a lot, she is going to be fine. Her tummy might still be upset and she just isnt ready to eat quite yet. When its time for her to eat, still make her a plate and let her eat what she wants, dont push it. Make sure she is getting lots of fluids still and just keep an eye on it. She will be eating normally again. Sometimes it just takes time. My son had a awful virus when he was 2, it took him almost a month to get back to where he was. Good luck!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:50 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I know it sometimes takes me a while to get my appetite back after a virus. I think she would eat if she was hungry.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 10:09 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• As long as she is attempting to eat, I wouldn't push. Her tummy still may not be right. I am going thru canker sores with my 3 yr old and the only thing I can get her to eat is mini marshmallows and applesauce.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:09 AM on Oct. 6, 2010