40 weeks pregnant - got my membranes stripped 2 hours ago and I've been having CRAZY cramping since... normal?

could it put me into labor this soon, or is this cramping normal? (It REALLY hurts!)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It could only if your body is ready. Or you could just have really bad pain and cramping which is normal. That is why I won't have that done. The pain and still chance of it not working.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:17 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• my sister in law had that done,,, bad news seh cramped for a week.....:(
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 10:17 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Don't get flustered. Wait for labor to start naturally...then, you know your babies brain has done all of the growing it needs to. And it's brain does still grow all the way up to the end. Not to mention 42 weeks is still term and not overdue.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:20 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I had my membranes stripped at 2:30---at my Doctor appointment, started cramping, went to the hospital at 8:15 and had my baby a 9:25....all the same day. You might be having that baby today!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:20 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Yup it's normal
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:30 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• That's why I was scared to get it done. It was too much of a gamble to try it. But I hope you don't have to deal with that! I sure hope it's time for you!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:39 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I was told that most of the time when your membranes are stripped you will go into labor within 24 hours. I emphasize MOST of the time. The cramping could be a result of that OR could be because of the pelvic exam. Try to relax. Take a warm bath. Time the cramps. You may be having contractions :o) But it they are simply cramps, the warm bath should help your muscles to relax a bit.
    feltermom

Answer by feltermom at 11:08 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I agree with feltermom- sometimes the sweaping works, but you could ask every woman on this site, and about half or more than half would say it didnt, that it just caused bleeding and cramping. sometimes for daaayys, yet, still no labor. Labor only happends when your body is ready, they can sweap and sweap, and sweap, (like they did for me, three times in over a week) and still no labor, infact, I had to be induced, and than a csection because I wouldnt dialite.
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 11:27 AM on Oct. 6, 2010