relationship problems?

i feel like my boyfriend has lost intrest in me since i have become pregnant. He is always wanting to go out with his "new best guy friend". i know he hasnt had many friends in the past and i am happy that he has a new friend but does that mean he has to completly forget about me? Sometimes i think he wants to meet new girls and stuff. I have tried talking to him about it but it always ends in an argument. what should i do?

mommyowens

Asked by mommyowens at 12:52 AM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Relationships

• First of all, have you told him how much this bothers you? Start with that..sometimes the thought of becoming a dad can really scare a guy. He should consider your feelings. If he wants to go out with his new friend, suggest that you go with them. If it's innocent, he won't mind.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• im in the same exact situation!
    nothing different here,
    and now he keeps lying to me about being at his house and stuff..
    you can see in the post i wrote
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 12:57 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• How long have each of you been together with your SO? And are you both married? I'm sorry that you both are having to deal with all of this during your pregnancy. This should be one of the happiest times in your lives....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• well i have been with him for almost 1 year and a month and we r engaged
    mommyowens

Answer by mommyowens at 1:03 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• How old is he? Sometimes it takes guys longer to adjust to relationships and babies...not that that is an excuse. He should be very considerate of you and your feelings. This is a very emotional time for you. Maybe you should just sleep on it tonight--and see what comes about tomorrow. I know it's easier said than done...but sometimes they are only trying to get a reaction to make sure that they are the ones in control.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• My DH and I had been married for 9 years when I got pregnant with our first. He was the same way. He was always out with his friends, hunting and just being gone from home in general. It caused me a great deal of stress and resentment. It continued into the first couple of years the baby was born. Before he was born (and I was pregnant) I was always ready to go at a moments notice! We would take off for the weekend with no planning! But after the baby came along I wasn't as care free. Perhaps he's feeling the change and "restraints" of married life and fatherhood. I would try to give him some space but tell him that his being out all the time is unaccaptable. Things worked out for us. We have 2 boys now.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 5:13 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• IT MAY JUST BE YOU BECAUSE WE GET VERY HORMONAL WHEN WE ARE PREGNANT AND WE SEE WHAT WE WANT TO SEE. JUST LET HIM HAVE FUN BECAUSE YOU AREN'T THE ONLY ONE STRESSED WITH A NEW BABY COMING HE IS TOO MAYBE HE FEELS LIKE HE HAS TO ENJOYY HIS SELF NOW BECAUSE HIS LIFE WILL BASICALLY OVER WHEN THE BABY GETS HERE AND HONEY HIE KNOWS THIS IS TRUE AND SO JUST GIVE HIM TIME AND DON'T PUSH HIM TOO MUCH OR HE MAY WALK AWAY ALL TOGETHER.
    sniyah

Answer by sniyah at 8:00 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• He will get sick of being with his new bff all the time, dont worry. We women do that too when we get a new friend, right? So dont worry! He wont forget about u! he loves u, thats why he wants to marry u and not his friend!
    smzuzu

Answer by smzuzu at 1:46 AM on Oct. 26, 2008