Has anyone heard of Keratine hair smoothing?

If you have had this done tell me how it works. Is it worth the money?

martinmommy26

Asked by martinmommy26 at 10:17 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I have gone to several beauty expos and seen plenty of demos. They always pick models that they know will look extraordinary after the service. As a professional I do believe it's a great service, however I don't thinks worth $150 to $200 just to put keratin back in your hair. I have another system that didn't cost me as much and is just as helpful.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:22 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Yes, but you better make sure that whoever is doing it knows what they are doing, there was a post here a few days ago, if not yesterday about someone who had it done and her hair was falling out.

Answer by older at 10:23 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• They want $300 here. I want to do it but my hair is just wavy. Not curly and I am just trying to save time getting my hair done in the morning.
    martinmommy26

Comment by martinmommy26 (original poster) at 10:28 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Are you referring to the Brazilian hair treatment? It's a keratine hair smoothing treatment. Someone just posted that a friend had it done and the hair was breaking off in pieces. My own hairdresser suggested it for me but I declined; it was way too expensive and I can get the same results by using a smoothing balm every time I dry my hair.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Sorry, it's the Braziliana hair treatment
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Just find a stylist who uses the bio ionic chemical straightning system. It's amazing. Lasts longer, and I have NEVER seen it damage hair. I have used the Brazillian Blowout products and they aren't anything to write home about, pretty ordinary and I think Morrocan Oil products worked better. I really do thing people are better off just using the Bio Ionic system. The hair is smooth, shiny and managable. Zero Damage.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:33 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• No, this is interesting.
    Radarma

Answer by Radarma at 11:02 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I wouldnt pay the 300 bucks for it myself. My friend got it done and while she loves how her hair feels its not as advertised.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 11:57 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• ive heard of it, and seen before and afters, and it looks great.
    tonyalynn

Answer by tonyalynn at 2:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2010