Nook or Kindle?

I am going to get one but cant decide which one to get. Any advice, likes dislikes.

martinmommy26

Asked by martinmommy26 at 10:18 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Entertainment

• I have a kindle. I love it. Barnes and Noble piss me off on a regular basis and I LOVE amazon
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:26 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I have a Nook which I greatly enjoy. I have the 3G edition. It has the wi-fi which is great. The books download in mere seconds, you can read any book free while at Barnes n Noble, the options are very easy to navigate within the device, it has cool covers, some with built in reading lights. The page turning buttons are very easy to press and are located on both sides so you can hold the device in one hand and turn pages. The Nook automatically saves your place for when you turn it on again. You can also bookmark pages so it's easy to read multiple books at a time.
    I don't know anything about Kindle so I can't list good or bad points for it.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:26 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• They are pretty much the same. The only difference is that you can't read free books while at barnes and noble lol. But everything else listed is the same. Oh and the Nook can "Share" books where the kindle can't. Which is NO big deal for me :)
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:29 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I have a nook but I have a friend who has a kindle. There are benefits to both but the pro of the nook over the Kindle is that B&N offers ebooks cheaper a lot of times than Amazon does (So my friend has told me) and you can elends books to other B&N nook users and have other users with nooks on your account. With Kinlde though you can have up tp 7 users on the same kindle account with different kindles so it's kind of the same thing, but not. She said if she could go back she would get the nook because of the book prices, but she has no complaints about her kindle other than that.

I also have the nook with the 3G and I love it.
    mommyslate

Answer by mommyslate at 10:31 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Oh and with the nook you can go to your public library online and check out ebooks for free. I'm would think the Kindle with 3G would have the same feature though but I don't have a kindle so I don't know.
    mommyslate

Answer by mommyslate at 10:32 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I have a Nook that I love! I like the fact that I can read the books for free in B&N and that I can lend them. The price for what I got with the Nook I felt was a better deal than the Kindle! It was a gift from my hubby and I must say the best gift I have ever gotten!!
    willkanmom

Answer by willkanmom at 10:32 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I got a Kindle for my high school graduation and I LOVE IT! You can read in any light beause the screen doesn't glare, and books are so much cheaper than at a bookstore! Any book that has gone out of copyright is free (fairy tales, kid's classics, etc), and new releases are only $9.99. Most books a couple of years old are around $6 or $7, and many are less. Nobody has mentioned the battery life yet, but if I read for 1-2 hours a day I can go for 2 weeks without charging, provided the wireless is turned off. Amazon has just come out with a new feature that lets you create categories and sort your books (ex- just for fun reading, books for the kids, classics), which makes it much easier to find a book when you have many. The Kindle also saves your place in the book, even if you leave it and read something else. I have handled a Nook, and personally like the navigation and button placement on Kindle.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 10:50 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• i love my kindle! i dont know much about the nook to give you a comparison.
    AgentBrez

Answer by AgentBrez at 6:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I LOVE my nook, the reason I picked Nook over the kindle, you can get books from anywhere except amazon, with the kindle you are stuck with amazon. and you can get ebooks from your library. I love it probably too much but it is very hand. (and I personally think it nooks nicer)
    lovemylilman06

Answer by lovemylilman06 at 8:03 AM on Oct. 29, 2010