For those who got an epidural - do you regret it, yes or no?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't regret it. I tried to go without one but coming up on the 18th hour, I was begging for one!
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 10:21 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Hell no, why would I?? Was the most beautiful thing in the WORLD at that time
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:22 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• No. Side effects aside, why not be comfortable if you can? I felt like I was able to concentrate more and play a bigger role in my own delivery while not worrying about the pain.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:23 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Nope not at all. I struggled with the decision though. My first 2 I did all natural and my last I had the epidural. I was younger when I did the first 2 and I feel like they got harder and harder so I decided to enjoy this last one and it was great :-). We are TTC right now and after doing it without AND with this one we will def be getting the epidural again.
    GOOD LUCK!!
    ChristinaAtHome

Answer by ChristinaAtHome at 10:23 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• When I had my boys, I was afraid of getting it. With my dau I was induced & decided to get it. Boy I wanted to kiss that man! I regreted not getting it w/ my boys. No one gets a prize for suffering thru labor! (We all get the prize at the end- the baby!) Get it! And get the epidural guy a thank you card in advance :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:23 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• no I dont regret it. I didnt have any weird side effects, my back doesnt hurt like everyone said it would.. I had no side effects and neither did my son, sooo Nope, dont regret it
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:24 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• yes i regret it only because it did not work. the medicine only went to my legs and no where else. if it had worked even a little bit i would not have regretted it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Yes. I personally had back pains later and the fact that the medication did not "Take" with me. My body is weird though. When it's in that much pain, it doesn't go away too easy...So, for me i would rather not have gotten it!
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 10:24 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• yes...the reason is the first baby I could push hard enough so they lowered my epidural and I felt everything after that so I thought why did I get one when I felt everything anyway. Baby 2 I didn't feel anything, but they done it wrong and I was leaking spinal fluid had to have 2 blood patches done so to this day I have really bad headaches almost every day and I get neck pain and lower back pain. Next time I am not getting an epidural they can give me something in the iv lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:24 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• The only thing I regret about my last epi is waiting too long before I got it and having only 1/2 of my body numb. Holy hell that hurt!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:25 AM on Oct. 6, 2010