when did you pack your hospital bag?

young-not-dumb

Asked by young-not-dumb at 10:21 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• 36 weeks
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:22 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Um with my son, I packed it when I was in labor with him. With my daughter I packed it the night before I was due for induction
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:23 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• When I found out I was pregnant again! lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:23 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• My fiance had to go home while I was at the hospital and pack for me!
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:24 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• 36 weeks....but my son came to soon so my husband was lost....I went into labor on wednesday and i was going to pack it when we got paid that weekend lol...so DH was running around like crazy trying to find stuff that he thought i would need....at one point in time he was holding the cat in one hand and a hair brush in another lol....good thing he had a friend he could call lol...because i was getting moved to another hospital...
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:25 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I think I was about 37 weeks... just incase.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 10:31 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• #1 - when I went into labor
    #2 - the night before going in to be induced
    #3 - during labor, right before going to the hospital
    #4 - the day before I went in to be induced
    #5 - never got it done because I went in for a non-stress test and they induced me right then & there - hubby brought me what I needed
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 10:36 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Knowing what i know now i would pack 4 weeks before my due date....I thought i'd just pack a day or 2 before...but my DD came 10 day early and fast i woke up to us the bathroom and i was in labor that was around 4am by 630 am she was born!
    allforlove229

Answer by allforlove229 at 10:38 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I never got a chance to pack my hospital bag. lol. I delivered at 36 weeks. I went in for my 36-week check-up, they found protein in my urine (I was developing pre eclampsia), so the doctor sent me to the hospital for blood work. When he got the results he said that I wasn't going home and that we were having a baby the next morning! So my husband went home that night and packed my bag for me, along with everything the baby would need.

I advise anyone to pack at least when you're 30 weeks pregnant. I wasn't expecting to deliver four weeks early, but it can happen to anyone. So be prepared for surprises.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 10:55 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• With my 1st I packed as I was in labor- no fun. For the others I've packed it at least at 34 weeks because I go into preterm labor and don't want to be caught off guard again. I have gotten the travel sizes of shampoo and deodorant along with a brush, hair stuff, toothpaste and toothbrush that are JUST for my hospital bag. Then I don't have to worry about them. If I want makeup I just have hubby bring it up later on.

I agree with the other posts- better early than never! :o)
    feltermom

Answer by feltermom at 11:02 AM on Oct. 6, 2010