how should I do this?

my 5 year old has Ballet tomorrow at 6 - 630, but we have parent teacher confrences at school 245-645 But the hubby wants to go he doesn't get out of work until 5 they want you to limit the teacher confrence to 10 minutes since there is lots of other parents to talk too. This is also her iterm reports. This is our first teacher confrence do you think if we get there by 515 that we would be out by 15 til 6 so I can get her to ballet? Also would it be ok to have her dressed before ballet when we go to the school so we can go from there to ballet? Also what exactly are interm reports?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 10:31 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• Ok if i remember right then an interm report is the teacher telling you how she is doing so far since school started (in the middle of the term). And yes you can have her dressed for ballet when you are there. I would just put a pair of sweat pants or something on her legs other then the tights this way she is a little more coverd. And it depends on how many other parents are there to talk to the teacher for how long it will be before you get out. If need be you should be able to leave DH at the school to drop off DD then go back and pick up DH...but thats if you are ok with leaving DD for a few min to do that...this way DH can fill you in on what the teacher said.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:40 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I think you have a pretty good schedule planed out to get there on time I would have her dressed beforehand so that she will be ready in case you are running later then what you plan and as far as the interm reports it is a meeting about how your kid is doing in school and what you might need to work on if anything at all. They are normally short and sweet and then you are done for another three months until the next one.
    MisticDawn6

Answer by MisticDawn6 at 10:37 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Yes,dress her for ballet. Interim reports r reports on each child teachers make twice a year.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:35 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Wow- busy sched. First of all, relax, breathe- you will make it thru all of this. Yes, bring your child in costume to save time. I can almost guarantee the P/T conf. will only last the 15 min. you are sched. They are on a tight sched too. If you have concerns for the teacher, write them down ahead of time. And last, an interim report is a mid-quarter report to let you know how you child is doing in their subjects so far. If there are any areas of concern, there is still time to bring up a grade. Have a safe trip to all your places! Remember, the avg. traffic light is only 2 min. long. So its not worth your life, other lives or a ticket for 2 lousy minutes.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:39 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• shelli the thing is I don't drive. So I pretty much have to stay there until it is done. I guess if worse comes to worse I could have DH drop of my DD then come back get me and then go back and pick her up if we are aloud to do that though. I am not sure if we are aloud to leave th child there at the studio alone. I don't see why not though since we aren't aloud in the class with the kids anyway. We have to wait in the waiting room why they are in the ballet class.
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 10:46 AM on Oct. 6, 2010