Anybody get told they were having a boy/girl and have the opposite?

Everyone's known someone who knows someone that this has happened to... just wondering if anybody has actually experienced this?! what was your reaction?

young-not-dumb

Asked by young-not-dumb at 10:40 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• my mom was told that i was supposed to be a boy...she was planning on nameing me michael...so now im michelle lol
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:42 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Ya I wanted a girl and got twin boys instead. Love em to death tho.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:48 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• one of my friends i went to school with was told she was having a girl and she had a boy....there was actually something wrong with his penis when he was born..idk what exactly but i do know she had to take him to a specialist for a while. That may be a reason why they couldnt tell
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:50 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Yes! I was told that I was having a girl after an ultrasound at 14 weeks. The tech even put the pics on a disk showing that the baby was a girl. I started buying things for the nursery. At 22 weeks, I had a level 3 ultrasound, and the doctor said he was most definitely a boy. When he saw the first pics, he said that the tech must have been new :) I was able to return a lot of the things, but donated a lot to a home for young moms.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:02 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• yes my youngest they told me at first it was a boy, then i had to have emergency ultrasound right before she was born and they said i think it is a girl not a boy. but they were not even sure, i looked at the doctor and hubby during pushing said it is 100 percent a girl and they stared at me lol. i was right hehe

sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 11:12 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• OMG YES...I WAS TOLD I WAS GOING TO HAVE A GIRL...I HAD DESIGNED MY CHILDS ROOM IT WAS SUPER HOT PINK AND ZEBRA PRINTING EVERYWHERE I WAS GONNA NAME HER NEVAEH HAD HER NAME ON THE WALL..WHEN MY I WENT INTO LABOR I WORE EVERYTHING PINK LOL..WHEN MY CHILD CAME OUT THE DOCTER SAID CONGRATS ITS A BIG BABY BOY..I WAS LIKE WTF!!!I HAD TO MAKE BIG!!! CHANGES....I STILL LOVED HIM NO MATTER WHAT NOW HE'S AN AMAZING SOON TO BE 3YR OLD BABY BOY...LOL...HAD TO NAME HIM AFTER HIS FATHER!!
    jrsmommy17

Answer by jrsmommy17 at 11:34 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Yup. Our 2nd was supposed to be a boy. Out came a girl! We hadn't done much though - no nursery so no blue walls, few boy clothes and first was a girl so that wasn't a big deal since we still had all her stuff...DH had to get out the baby girl stuff to find a take-home outfit, and we had to pick a girl name. No big deal really. I didn't plan much because a classmate of mine & her cousin were pregnant with their firsts at the same time, both told wrong, both planned everything all wrong, but were able to trade all the girl/boy stuff.
    Anonymous