does anyone have any good ideas for a slumber hotel party for my daughter?

Instead of having the slumber party at my house I think Im gonna have it at a hotel? do you have any good ideas?

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 10:45 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Find one w/ an indoor swimming pool and archade. That should keep them busy & wear them out! Have fun :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:49 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• check with the parents first about this idea. I dont know if I would be so comfortable with a dd or ds between the ages of 5-8 at a hotel without me. Are you going to have other parents there to help out with the party?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Definitely the pool, room service, a movie in the room. Bring some games and nail polish. Sounds like a great time!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:05 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• yes there will be other parents there also!!! and i wont leave their sight~
    rosesrred1

Comment by rosesrred1 (original poster) at 11:11 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I find this very extreme for a 6 yr old. A regular room only holds 4-5 people depending on the fire codes so either you are lying to the hotel about the number of girls or you are only having 2-3 girls. Hotel rooms are $150-$300 depending on where you stay. If you are willing to spend THAT much on just the room... havent even counted in the food or anything else. Im sure you can find a more age appropriate activity.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 6:56 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• ummmm ok sahlady where did you get im lying to the hotel....... its not a problem for me to get more than one room, if i had an hotel party i would make sure my daughter and the number of friends were accomadated properly. honestly thats nothing to lie about. i have made up my mind to have a "faux slumber party"..... so her friends will be going home the same day!!!! i see theres moms on here that wouldnt like their children at hotels which is fine thats why i asked on cafemom!!!!!!!
    rosesrred1

Comment by rosesrred1 (original poster) at 8:05 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I like that idea better...have them all come over in their PJ's on a saturday and play make-up, make popcorn, and watch silly movies. Then send them all home! Ha...I really think it's the safer idea and most moms won't mind it :-) You can also paint nails, and maybe get some of that "wash-out" hair polish for girls ( i don't know what it's called since I have a boy-ha) but you can paint different colors onto the hair??? Maybe have gift bags filled with dollar-store hair clips and such?? Much more appropriate for the age....
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 8:12 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I think you plan for a faux party is a GREAT idea.

I said you were lying OR you were only having 3 kids. I assumed you were not allowing 6 yr olds to sleep in a hotel room alone for a whole night... therefore only 3 would be allowed (with you and your dd that would make 5 in a room). My point was the extreme expense.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 8:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• You could do little mini spa stations. You can google kid friendly spa treatments. My 5yr old and I have girls night once every few weeks and she loves that she can do most of it herself. All natural ingredients make it alot safer.
    jesgirl83

Answer by jesgirl83 at 9:34 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• take music to dance and let them play dress up and take movies or order them have fun
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:26 AM on Oct. 9, 2010