1st trimester nausea

Is there a cure? I have never been nausiated with any of my babies, but this one is kicking my butt. What do I do?? I have three other kids to take care of, I can't be sick all the time.

Mrs.Faith

Asked by Mrs.Faith at 10:49 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My doctor gave me nausea pills.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:52 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• They have something called prego pops that worked wonders with me...its mainly just a jolly-rancher but it helped me a lot.....good luck hope it gets better soon
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:52 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Find a food that will not make you feel sick like crackers everyone is different (Mine was peanut butter sandwiches) I was told that drinking lots of water will help make you feel less sick to but that one might be a wise tale not really sure. I was sick with my first child all the time and the only thing that helped was peanut butter sounds crazy but did work for me.
    MisticDawn6

Answer by MisticDawn6 at 10:52 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I know just how you feel, I have been miserable with this one, I had morning sickness with both mine, but this is the worst. And with 2 kids to take care of its so hard. What I have found that helps, root beer, pepermint gum, tea (ginger-lemon, or peppermint work the best for me) take your time in the morning, I sit and eat a piece of dry toast, a dry bagel, or dry waffel whatever doesnt make me want to gag when I think about it and sit in bed for like an hour after waking up. I put cartoons on for the kids in my room so they can play. If I dont take this time I am just sick as can be. Make sure you eat every couple of hours, if I skip a snack I get so sick, eat small meals, but more frequently, and a half bagel with cream cheese right before bed helps me make it through the night and makes the morning better. Just try out lots of things and find what works for you, it doesnt make it go away, but it makes it bearable.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 10:56 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I found that peppermint helped a lot. I would constantly suck on mints. Also I got some acu-pressure wrist bands that are to help with motion sickness. They helped a lot. An occasional soda helped too.

Are you taking prenatals? Sometimes the iron in them will upset your tummy more. Check with your Dr. first, but mine recommended taking a childrens vitamin until after the 1st trimester when I could handle the iron again.
    feltermom

Answer by feltermom at 10:57 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I got some medicine from the doctor. Ginger also helped a little.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 11:23 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• preggo pops are made from a very bitter taste. they worked ok for me, it was better than puking my brains out all day- I jst went from all day puking, to half a day puking which was better for me. Lol.
    Try bitter things.
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 11:25 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• No, there is no cure per say. You can try many things but only time will help it go away. I am pregnant with my 3rd and at 36 weeks and still get nausea at times. I was given Zofran in the beginning because it was so bad for me that I just couldn't eat or drink. Nausea is also a sign of dehydration and not eating often. Try to drink a lot of water, eat a small snack and/or protein and carbs every 2-3 hours. Also, take B-6 and ginger. I also wore Sea bands around my wrist from any drugstore for a few dollars. I also suck or chew on on peppermint to hep ease the nausea when i am not eating.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 11:37 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Eat crackers or bread throughout the day. The nausea is worse if your stomach is empty.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:42 PM on Oct. 6, 2010