how can u increase production of breastmilk?

ksayles34

Asked by ksayles34 at 1:04 AM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• nurse nurse nurse. the more you nurse, the more you produce. its a supply and demand

drink lots of water, eat oatmeal. you can take fenugreek (take enough so your sweat and urine smell like maple syrup).
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 1:07 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I did power pumping sessions. 10 minutes on 10 minutes off for an hour. The pp is right that will all work and if you dont like oatmeal oatmeal cookies work very well too. (Good excuse for me to eat oatmeal cream pies LOL)
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 1:17 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Nurse nurse nurse pump pump pump nurse nurse nurse pump pump pump
    You will sooooooo feel like a milk cow spending your life with one thing or another attached to your boob, but it will all be very worth it.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 1:20 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/index.html
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 1:28 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Offer the breast more often, keep up on your fluids and if you can pump between feedings. Herbal supplements like fenugreek can help your supply also in combination with increased nursing, etc. Kellymom.com has some amazing resources.
    SewMomma

Answer by SewMomma at 10:19 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• all the above but also make sure you are drinking plenty of water, that is critical to the production of milk
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 11:05 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Ditto to above. First make sure your supply really is low. As long as baby is having enought wet and dirty diapers, gaining well, and your breasts feel softer after a feeding you are probably ok. But if you need a boost nurse frequently, pump after a nursing session, take at least 6 capsules of fenugreek a day, you can try Mothers Milk Tea and eating oatmeal too. The link to kellymom above is a great site too!
    momyoftwo

Answer by momyoftwo at 1:45 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Pump for 15 min every 2 hours directly after feedings. Also, I suggest Domperidone because it saved my milk. I had alot of troubles so I now know alot about it. Feel free to message me.
    NewMum2007

Answer by NewMum2007 at 1:19 AM on Oct. 27, 2008