Did Fox News act inappropriately in this case?

Lots of links to follow.

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 11:05 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 11:06 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 11:07 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 11:08 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I believe Fox News acts inappropriately in any case, but that's just my opinion.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 11:13 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Well, I don't have enough info. I don't know the definition for journalistic ethics on timeline for response. I mean, honestly, it was correct in reporting that they had a suit filed against them, from what I understand they are demanding an apology or retraction of the story for no response. This isn't the court case, they themselves have published stories stating that a response was not made in time for an article. As for the EEOC complaint, sounds to me like they did retaliate. Their lawyers will spin it, all businesses charged with this do.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 11:13 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I dont know, if it was found that her complaints were unfounded I suspect that they were trying to protect themselves from more of that sort of thing, by stating in her contract that she could not slander the company. And it was her choice to either sign it, fight against the contract, or become an at will employee, so I dont really have much sympathy for her there. I can understand not wanting to sighn the contract because you want to be able to speak up if you do feel things are unfair, but I dont know enough of the details in this case to say that Fox acted inapropriatly.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 11:13 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Fox found no evidence of bias, but the EEOC says the network later included language in Herridge's employment contract intended to stop her from making any more complaints. ..............Now that is wrong!

Herridge refused to sign the contract. The network agreed to remove the language after she complained to the EEOC.

The EEOC seeks unspecified monetary damages and a court order enjoining Fox from retaliating against other employees.

Fox news is full of women so it is hard to believe she was discriminated?
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:17 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

__________________________________________________
    that's the part I had a problem with, too.
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 11:18 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

I agree

THIS is disgusting! They removed it AFTER she filed the complaint

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:23 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• This shows why workers STILL need PROTECTION

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:24 AM on Oct. 6, 2010