• In the Spotlight:

I wanted to know if anyone else had problems after their C-section.

I had a c-section after my labor wouldnt progress. I got to 4 cm. And after I went home my wound got infected. I was home a day and a half. And had to be opened all the way back up. About 2 inches in the center and an 1 1/2 on either side. And I was told that it was b.c. I am over weight. It took over 2 1/2 months to heal. I just want to know if anyone had any types of issues after theirs. Thanks.

mrogers86

Asked by mrogers86 at 11:06 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was in the same situation as you, never got past 4cms, so I had to have a c-section. Mine did not get infected, but I have heard of this happening before. It took me a long time to heal and I'm not quite sure why. I was in pain until 6-8wks after, which from what I hear is pretty long. I also had numbness for the longest time, about a year or so. That was annoying!
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 11:11 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I had two c-sections years ago! Thank goodness I never had a problem! I healed quickly! Sorry to hear about what you had to go through!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 11:14 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I got mine because i had a placental abruption but I never had a problem with mine....I even only had to take pain meds for 3 days then nothing....And it only took a few weeks to heal....it took about 6-8 total to heal compleatly through but it was all closed up by 3 weeks at the most. I had a slight infection because i was a little sick when i had the c-section and because i was throwing up it tore a few stitches but even that wasnt bad...it was about as bad if you got a cut on your finger that got infected. And yeah the numbness sucks...my son is 16 months old and its still numb in a few spots...not near as much now but it sucks when there is a itch in that spot lol....
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:15 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I have no sensation along my scar and right hip. You didn't get an infection because you are overweight, it just happens. Somehow the environment was not completely sterile. What did they use to close you up?
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:18 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• On my most recent c-section. A small part of the wound opened up. The skin that was stitched separated so they had to burn the skin for it to heal. I dont think that you can get infected simply because you're overweight.
    BUBBLES1121

Answer by BUBBLES1121 at 11:18 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• One side of mine split open and oozed for months.I had had pain on that side for weeks and I couldnt lye on that side at all or it felt like it was ripping apart and it burned, but one night I decided to lye on that side and when I woke up there was blood everywhere so I went to the doctors and they said it was healing ok and that it didnt look that bad and that it should heal ok. It was a huge hole in my stomach and they told me to use panty liners and tape it to my incision to help stop the oozing. It did not completely heal for about 2-3 months. I have a weird looking hole there now, it kinda resembles a second belly button lol.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I had an emergency c section due to placenta aburption and I never had a problem. I was never in pain only sore. I healed in about 4 weeks. And never took anything more then motrin only because they made me.
    DeegansMomma08

Answer by DeegansMomma08 at 12:19 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• They used staples. then took them out the friday after she was born. i was released wed evening. back in the hospital fri. Then after they opened it they put me on meds and it was packed once a day with this stuff called silver cell an anti microbial sheet that was put in the would to help with infection. then after it got healthy. they stiched it up again. and left it for a week. and only the sides closed...
    mrogers86

Comment by mrogers86 (original poster) at 12:39 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I didnt have any problems with mine and i am overweight as well. I got the staples out a week after being discharged and never had a problem with it.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:01 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I thought for sure they were wrong.. i understand im over weight but i always knew that was not the reason that happened. They did something wrong!!
    mrogers86

Comment by mrogers86 (original poster) at 1:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2010