What is too much "me time"??

We all know that moms need their "me" time. Time to do something just for them and tune out the world. But how much is too much "me" time?

Sarasmoonflower

Asked by Sarasmoonflower at 11:19 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• Depends on the situation I suppose. For me, "ME TIME" is after the kids go to bed. I like to spend as much time with them as possible.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:21 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• My sister "clocks" out at 6:15 when her hubs gets home. Compleatly ignores the world, doesnt cook, no cleaning, no baths, no bottles, NOTHING after he walks in from a 12 hour work day in a garage. Also on weekends, every weekend, he is in charge of the kids, she wants to leave, she leaves, and twice a month her scrapbooking weekend comes, she goes out of town for 4 days. I don't know why her husband stays with her, because she doesnt clean, or work, or cook. she must be a really good lay. Idk. but THAT is too much "me time"
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 11:22 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• If you can manage to balance motherhood, "wifely duties", household duties etc......then there is not such thing as too much "Me time".
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:23 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• My only me time is after my son goes to bed...during his nap i have to do school work and DH dosnt do much when he is home so untill bedtime its all me....But DS goes to bed at 8 and I end up staying up untill around 10-11 depending how much I am enjoying my quiet time lol
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:25 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• once a month i took a me time went out with the girls now kids are adults i have alot of me time
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 11:32 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I think it depends, but if you are neglecting your kids by going out every night or constantly leaving them with sitters than I would say you are having too much "me" time. But on the other hand all Mom's need that time and it's perfectly acceptable to take it when you need it. Just don't overdo it. Like everything in life, it's all about balancing.
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 11:37 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• What is me time.. ha ha Just kidding. I am about to give mine away in about 3 months. Gonna soak up all the me time I have left with my 4 year old daughter before I become the walking zombie mom. ; )
    cloverlover24

Answer by cloverlover24 at 11:40 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I think its too much 'me time" when the house is a mess and the kids are dirty. Made it to messy house but never got to dirty kids.
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 11:45 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• not sure, but my idea of healthy "me time" Is i saturdays, i yard sale hile hubby is with the kids, and I always do the shopping alone! Once every 2 sundays I get my nails done
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:35 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I go to a scrapbook meeting and scrap 2x/month on Saturdays for 2 hours. I also have datenight with my husband once/month and this is when our son goes to grandma/grandpas for the night. My house is always clean, laundry is done, and preschool things taken care of,etc.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:50 PM on Oct. 6, 2010