If your SO/DH's sister and you got into an argument.. would you expect him to be on your side, her side or not take a side?

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 11:20 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• If I'm wrong I'm wrong. If I'm right I'm right. He has his own set of feelings and thoughts to come to a decision on his own if needed.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:51 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I would expect him to take the side he agrees on.

Answer by older at 11:22 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I would pray that he would look at the facts and try to stay neutral. It would be VERY hard, but if he had to take sides I hope that he would GENTLY tell the person he didn't side with another view on the subject!
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 11:22 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• If you and her had an argument keep him out of it. Unless you think you need to bring him into it for some reason. Its hard to answer the question because I do not know what the argument was about.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I would not expect him to take sides, especially if it does not involve him. If he is involved, he should take the side that he agrees with.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 11:24 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• he would stay out of it
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 11:27 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I would expect him to stand up for me if necessary but I know he'd try to stay out of it as best he could.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:29 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• of course I would want him to side with me..........But if I was in the wrong he might just point that out to me. I can only hope that I do not try to bring him in the middle of something that puts him in a very hard spot. It is not his argument. I do hope I would have sense enough to keep him out of it. I can tell him my side and my point of view. But I think it should stop there.

When things like this happen you need to ask yourself ...in the long run does it really matter who is right??? in most cases it doesn't I try to express my opinions calmly and respectfully. I hope those I deal with can do the same.

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 11:30 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• We have dealt with this a few times, and honestly, he tends to just bow out and not take sides at all. BUT, the list time she actually broke in to my house and threatened me while I was nursing my youngest and broke my glass door... That time, he stepped in and made it clear she doesn't get to do this and if it EVER happens again, she's not welcomed here...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:41 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• It all depends if we are fighting about something silly then he would just tell us just that You are fight for no real reason =) and if we were fighting on something big i know that he will take my side hes just very protective when it comes to me and the girls....but it doesnt mean that a fight will say a fight if i was wrong he will talk to me about it and the same if it was his sister.
    allforlove229

Answer by allforlove229 at 11:40 AM on Oct. 6, 2010