• In the Spotlight:

Why won't Obama respond to the law suit filed against him concerning his birth certificate?

The 30-day deadline for defendants to comply with a discovery request is set forth in the Federal Rules of Civil Procedures.
In recent weeks, lawsuits have been filed in seven additional states demanding that Barack Obama produce an original vault copy of his birth certificate, to dispel the rumors that he is not a natural-born United States citizen.
It was shown the one he did produce didn't not resemble an actual "vault" certificate and there were several mistakes i.e the father being listed as "African" instead of the language of that decade which would have been "Negro" of "Colored"--"African" wasn't used in the 1960's.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Gosh.. I am not sure.. but I will call him right now and ask!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I meant it as a serious question. Someone asked me this week about it and I thought it was pretty minor compared to all the other stuff about Obama--but now that the one he produced has been shown to be a fake---yes, snopes.com got that one wrong---I was wondering why he hadn't---and if it is more serious than I thought. Maybe he isn't Constitutionally able to be president!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I wonder the same thing but unfortunatly you will probably just get bashed for even wondering about this!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• You know his mom was American right? No matter where he was born...that automatically makes him an American as well.

And he was born in Hawaii, just so you know.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:27 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I found that he did provide an authentic birth certificate earlier this summer. politifact.com and factcheck.org
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 1:30 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• who said he didn't show it? some idiot lawyer who thinks 911 was all bush's plan. He showed it to whoever needed to see it. but why does he have to humor every nut job out there?
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 1:36 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• If you are born in Kenya, and one of his parents was a citizen to Kenya, that makes the baby a citizen to Kenya also.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• But that's just the thing. He wasn't born in Kenya. He was born in Hawaii.

Why does everyone keep trying to make stuff up or dig too deep and not accept the cold hard facts? It's so weird. *sigh*
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:43 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I have gotten beyond bashed for trying to figure out the same thing! What's difficult about this story is that I'm not seeing a whole lot of coverage in the mainstream media. And there seems to be a conflict of interest with every cyberspace fact checker. I'm kind of getting to the point where I want to say "F*** it!" Because even though I've seemed to have made more enemies on CM than friends, I truly try to research every issue to the fullest extent; obviously, I want to make informed decisions, but also, I don't want to step into any debate without having facts to back up my statements and opinions. For every site that shows Obama's Hawaiian birth certificate, there's another saying why it's a forgery...... I'll just wait for the lawsuits to be dismissed or go to trial, I suppose.
    sgalsmommy

Answer by sgalsmommy at 1:44 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• the law suit is from a nut job who said bush was responsible for 911 cause it was a governemnet inside job. just google that guy. he is a nut job. that's why no respectable media will pay him attention.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 1:48 AM on Oct. 25, 2008