With your Labor & Delivery - what Surprised you the Most?

Example: How Long it was, I really could of Gone w/out Pain Meds, OMG Boy I Needed those pain meds, It's a boy - they said it was going 2b a girl....ECT

emily1230

Asked by emily1230 at 11:42 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My first birth... what surprised me the most was when they put her on my chest right before cutting the cord... I was so overwhelmed... all I could do was cry... and wipe off a clean spot and kiss her head... hehe
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 11:43 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• that my midwife would turn on me that day and transfer me without a good reason and I ended up with a c-section for something she said I would be released in a few hours for and back home :(
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 11:43 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• LOL...nothing. I did go without meds, I did have the boy they said, it only took 7 hours. He was born vaginally in 2 pushes...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:45 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I didn't realize I would get physically ill and throw up so much.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:45 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• How naturally it came to me when it came to handling contractions. I just went right into a zone and worked right through them. I was very proud of myself and the doctors were surprised.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:54 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I didn't know that when your water breaks it doesn't always come out all at once. It can gush out in waves (no pun inteaded) along with your contrations. It felt like I was continually peeing myself for an hour.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 11:54 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• My daughter got stuck and ended up in a c-section, and she was born on my b-day, and I didn't even realize it.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 12:02 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• It suprised me when they told me I had been in labor for 24 hours and asked me if I would be willing to get an epi to sleep sinceI had been awake for a full day. I had no idea it had been that long!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:03 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I was surprised it went so well. I was induced, and I went in at 10 on June 5th. They gave me potosin (i believe) and sleeping medicine. I slept until 6am, and they woke me up and my doctor broke my water. Then I went back to sleep (lol) and slept til I got the epidural. (which I think I could have went without maybe.. lol) Then it was time to push shortly after, and I pushed about 3 times, and waited a half hour to see if he would drop any. He did and I pushed 3 more times & his he was out. So it was pretty easy & smooth. He's a happy, healthy two year old now :)
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 11:48 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• They thought they were going to lose me so I had an emergency c-section. I was told to check in to have my BP lowered and it just kept skyrocketing. I never had labor, milk, nothing. I had 2 spinals and an epidural though, and all this equipment I was hooked up to after on my legs, my chest...it was a pain.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:53 AM on Oct. 6, 2010