Do the schools (HS) Ask the Parents to Pay too much for their children?

You have the cost of: Sport Insurance, Student I.D. Card, Dances, Games, Ect...

emily1230

Asked by emily1230 at 11:49 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Wait for it,,,senior year is a hoot! Class ring, senior pics, grad night, on top of everything you just mentioned. One good thing about our high school is they have payment plans. I was able to pay dd's class ring off in three payments. I have a whole year to pick out dd's senior portrait package, and same with paying for the yearbook. So, just remember to keep notes of what still needs to be payed for...
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:55 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Nah..its your kid.. you gotta pay for these things.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:50 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• well either you pay out of pocket for the activities your child participates in or everyone pays more taxes to support it....and schools don't have enough money as it is
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:51 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• My son goes to a private HS, but we don't pay for student ID card, insurance, or games. He has to pay $1,000 jut to play hockey though.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:54 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Well, I think the cost of Sports can be a bit crazy! Here it is $165 per sport per kid!
    Even though we make decent money, that's a bit much when you add it up to possibly 4 kids playing a couple of sports a year. Does not matter what sport it is either.

I am dreading senior year! Yikes! I have my first one next year.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:20 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• The schools cannot pay for it all themselves, since educational funding takes a back burner. The parents have to help if they want their kids to participate.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 1:59 PM on Oct. 6, 2010