has anyone ever taken your child to accupuncture to cure or treat something? My 5 and 17 months old have eczema. Just wondering...

svdbygrace

Asked by svdbygrace at 12:00 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Health

• It sounds as if you are leaning toward the more holistic side then the conventional medical side so I want to share what I did for me and my son. My son went to an allergist since he was 11 months old - he was born with eczema and I too have had eczema for many years. The allergist tested my son and he was allergic to pollen and cats and put him on 4 different medications that had him bouncing off the walls. I found out about a company that offers an inhome IGA Allertest which is a food delayed sensitivity test that would let us know what we were putting in our bodies that we were allergic to, ps my son was allergic to peanut butter and milk - he was eating pbj every day for lunch and having two bowls of cereal a day. I was also allergic to milk. We eliminated these two items from our diet and only eat them on occasionally - we are eczema free:) Good luck:) http://www.idealhealth.com/Custom-Test/AllerTest.aspx
    Ezbetterlife

Answer by Ezbetterlife at 1:11 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I'm not sure I would take my infants to receive accupuncture for anything...unless it was guaranteed to save their life or something
    Anonymous

• How in the hell would a child that small sit still to poke him with needles? Mine don't even sit still for a diaper change!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:03 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• See the Pediatrician about that. It could be a result of an allergy or reaction to his environment. But acupuncture ? NO. I wouldn't. That is too fadish---too much of a FAD. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone under 21,actually.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Talk to the acupunturist about their experience with treating children. Although the treatment itself is not harmful for children, I could see difficulty with getting them to cooperate. I know my kids would be pretty freaked out about the needles no matter how much I prepared them and I doubt I could get them to cooperate.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:05 PM on Oct. 6, 2010