Is it wrong?

My df and I have been together for 4yrs, since we were 17. We have 3 kids together (2,1, and 1 month). about 6 weeks ago he took a job where he had to work out of state for 28 days and then gets 4 days home. 2 weeks ago he was laid off because they are waiting on permits. I had a hard time while he was gone, the 1st 2 weeks because I had our son by myself and we havent been apart in a long time. well now that he is home I cant wait for him to leave again! dont get me wrong, I love my df with all my heart, but he's getting on my nerves! I got so used to be able to get what I want done when I wanted it done, taking care of the kids by myself(which I usually did anyways) and having the house to myself(besides the kids) and now I dont, and everything is different and not how I like it! Is it wrong that I want him to go back to work? I know I will miss him when he's gone, its very bitter sweet!

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 12:11 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Hey, he took the job and I bet he is as happy to leave as you are to see him go!
    Mommee42boyz

Answer by Mommee42boyz at 12:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I know a military wife that has the same problem. She says she can't do anything when he's home and he messes up their routine. When your used to something I guess it happens lol

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 12:14 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Its probably stress. That would stress me out, ecspecially after just having a baby!
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 12:14 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• No you aren't wrong. Its kind of normal to feel that way. My husband has spent most the last few years gone, and while I love having him home its a big adjustment. There are times I feel in some ways it was easier with him gone...but I wouldn't trade our time together for anything.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 12:16 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• No, it isn't wrong to want things the way you like them. I am the same way with my husband.
    Sonkissedpeach2

Answer by Sonkissedpeach2 at 12:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• My husband just got out of the military and it the biggest adjustment ever. I got really used to doing everything my self when he wasnt there. And now he is home all the time. And its a little strange sometimes. But then on the other hand he has more time with his kids. Which is a huge deal to him. Thats one of the reasons he decided to get out b.c we want to be closer to his son. But you arent wrong in the way that you are feeling..
    mrogers86

Answer by mrogers86 at 1:08 PM on Oct. 6, 2010