Innapropriate gift giving from BIL's Wife. Why are they doing it? We don't want them. What would you do?

Long story short. We don't care for her at all for many valid reasons. She is abusive towards her husband, has her older kid watching the baby. The cops are always over there, and she starts fights with our family to separate BIL from his family. They only speak to us, and we are sooo done, because all they do is trash the people we love. They send us these wierd packagaes, with paintball guns, dollar store crap, stuff that isn't even relavant to us. We have told them we don't want them but they keep sending it to us! It's really strange, and isn't approriate. They called to tell us they sent another one of these, and my hubby told them to stop, but they insist. Why would someone keep doing this?

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 12:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• you could always refuse it, or put it back in the mail..return to sender...or just donate it.
    weird!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:16 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Dang.. I'm not really sure. Sounds pretty weird to me. I would just take it back to the post office and "RETURN TO SENDER".. Maybe they will get the hint.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:16 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I agree with dullscissors. She has a great idea.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I would just use what I could, throw out what I don't want. I wouldn't say anything more to them about it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:19 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Oh yeah, whats really funny is SHE thinks it's really hight quality stuff and acts like they spent all kinds of $$ on it, but forgets to take tags off that say Dollar mart on them. LOL She goes on and on how she sent us this package of high end stuff and how great it is. When we really don't care.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 12:19 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Just send it back. Or you could call your post office and see if you can just have things sent from them automatically returned.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 12:19 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I agree I could return it, but I fear retalliation from her because she is not stable. She went quite postal on a few family members! Made the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Maybe I should just shut my mouth and donate it like dullscissors said.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 12:21 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I guess I'd just take the gifts and donate them to charity if you don't want them.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:21 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Donate them.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:21 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Very strange! I'd probably just get rid of any of it I couldn't use, but that doesn't stop me from thinking it would be funny to wrap it up and re-gift it to her.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:23 PM on Oct. 6, 2010