Drugs for labour

Im expecting my 2nd in about 2 weeks.
With my first, I did it all natural. But Im nervous, and scared about it this time, more then the first.
I want to take something, but I dont want an epidural. And I dont want a drug that will affect my baby at all.
What do you recomend?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had stadol because I wasn't far enough for an epidural when I was induced
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:14 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I used Demerol and my baby was fine. It took the edge off of the pain and helped me relax.
    Sonkissedpeach2

Answer by Sonkissedpeach2 at 12:15 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I recommend an epidural. The other drugs just make your mind feel weird and don't really help. With the epidural, your mind is fine, you know exactly what is going on, you just can't feel it. It was great really.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Any drug given to you via IV during labor is going to act on your baby as well. It will make them tired, sluggish, can slow down their heart rate, and after birth it may cause them to initially have low Apgar scores in the breathing department.
    ruthie11617

Answer by ruthie11617 at 12:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I had Stadol with my first, and it was entirely too strong and it knocked me out. Any medication you receive will effect your baby hun.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:35 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• demoral and sadol go straight thr thr blood stream to baby! An epidural is placed in teh spinal cavity, and you get 1/16 of what you get from IV drigs into the baby! I have ahd 4 babies and one on the way, I always get the epidural BECAUSE if you research wih your doctor, youwill ind that demoral...etc. is like taking it by mouth, but even worse b/c it goes straight to the baby thru blood into the umbilical cord! I have never had a "drowsy" baby! GL
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 6, 2010