Question about divorce and dating.

If you knew for a fact you were getting divorced very soon.. would you...

A). start dating again before you even filed?
B). start dating after filing for divorce but before it's final?
or
C). not start dating until your divorce is final.

What if option C was going to take one year?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• C.
    I don't care how long it would take. In my mind I'm still married plus if I were to get divorce I highly doubt I'll ever date again. I already made my mind up if anything happens between my husband and I I will ever be with another man. I've already and enough heartache to last a lifetime and I don't want to go through another broken heart.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• When I got divorced I didn't start dating until it was finalized.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 12:43 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• i think if i was getting divorce again for the 2nd time...thats it i would not want anything to do with a men for a long time...when the time is right my mr perfect will come to me if not then whatever...i do not need a man in my life...but to date before divorce is not right in my eyes...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 12:43 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I pick C, my divorce went on for 3 yrs. It was so draining and it took up so much of my time and energy. I honestly didnt think about dating during that time.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:45 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• My ex walked out when I was seven months pregnant. I finally filed for divorce when our son was a year old, after trying to work things out when I was in Ohio and he was in Georgia. The day I filed, I met someone online and began an internet friendship with him but made it clear I was not interested in dating at that time. We talked for a few months and when my divorce was final four months after I filed, we made it official. All that to say, after the divorce is final.
    ruthie11617

Answer by ruthie11617 at 12:50 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Mine was (B) and I am still with him. I met him unexpectedly and nothing REALLY happened until it was finalized. It seemed meant to be lol

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 12:53 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• C. I don't care if it takes over a year. I still consider that cheating even if it does not work out with my spouse I just can't do that.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 1:02 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I am going to have to say B for a couple of reasons. One, my husband and I were dating long before his divorce was final. But they were already seperated and going their seperate ways when he and I got together. It took a few years for their divorce to be final. And how is it cheating and committing adultery if you are just dating them? If you are not having sex with them (OMG! Yes! You can date without sex! Shocking, I know.) I don't see how you can feel like you are committing adultery. JMHO.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 1:16 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• B
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 1:20 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• C. If I met someone before the divorce was final I would still wait. If Im meant to be with the new guy he will respect the process.
    careph

Answer by careph at 1:26 PM on Oct. 6, 2010