Does your neighborhood have a dog park? Do you visit?

UpSheRises

Asked by UpSheRises at 12:46 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Pets

• dog park???
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 12:48 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• There is one not too far away from here but it's not walking distance and I don't have a car to get him there! If I could take him I may want too try it!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 12:49 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• dog park???

Answer by iNk-FrEaK
    __________________________

Its a park/out door space where dogs can run free, play, and smell other dogs. Ours is about 4 acres and has seperate space for small dogs. There are water troughs, all kinds of toys, covered seating for people...it's pretty fun.
    UpSheRises

Comment by UpSheRises (original poster) at 12:56 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• There was one where I used to live. I took my dogs every day. I believe in socializing my dogs. There is a place in my neighborhood where we can take the dogs to play and every so often there are other dogs to play with but it is not as active as the other one
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 1:07 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• No. I don't really have a neighborhood, though. I live on a farm, with my closest neighbor being a quarter of a mile down the road. However, one of the towns that we go to often (for anything other than groceries and gas), they have a dog park. We have yet to check it out, but we keep meaning to and hopefully we will before it snows. If not, it's just going to have to wait until spring.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I think so, but living in the country we really don't have a need for it. I guess if we lived in an apartment and our dogs didn't get a lot of time outside we would... We also have 3 large dogs, so we feel they have enough friends.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 2:11 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Yep, and yes! And I even have a group just for dog lovers, too! www.cafemom.com/group/doggiestyle :) Join if ya like!
    MadaMHannaH

Answer by MadaMHannaH at 12:56 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Sure does. Sometimes I do. Our dog park is one big play area for all sizes, so I dont take them often. I wish it had a park for big dogs and then a section for small dogs...I would take them more.
    HeatherM2010

Answer by HeatherM2010 at 2:41 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• We have a beautiful park about 3 miles away from our house that has walking trails, playgrounds, skating ramps, and a dog area. We don't have dogs (cat people here!), but we love to see all the dogs playing at the park. We take the kids over to the enclosure where the dogs are allowed to run loose and just watch them play. We really enjoy that. Still don't want a dog, but we have a good time enjoying other peoples pets :) It's a really nice park.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:51 AM on Oct. 7, 2010