has anyone ever used dawn dishwashing detergant to get some hairdye out of your hair??

i heard it will bleach out the color so i wanna try it but i dont wanna mess up my hair

Tiffany_Rivera_

Asked by Tiffany_Rivera_ at 12:51 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• For what reason are you trying to remove color? Is it too dark? Are you starting over? I could give you a few ideas.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:53 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I have never even heard of that, so I have nothing to offer. Maybe just recolor your hair with whatever color you are wanting to change it to.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 12:56 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I have never tried that. I have used it for a lot of things. I give my dog a bath in it because it helps keep fleas off of her.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 1:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• never heard of using that
    tonyalynn

Answer by tonyalynn at 2:02 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• It will dry your hair out really bad
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• You need to elaborate just a little more as to why you want to use dawn dish washing liquid to remova lhair color in your hair. Dawn is a greese removal type liquid not a stain removal type liquid. It would strip your hair of all its essential oils that make it pliable. Please do not use that! If your trying to strip your hair color you should consult an experienced beautician. You can use salt or baking soda mixed with your shampoo for a light stripper, but dont over do that eighter as the salt is very drying and both the salt & baking soda are abrasive materials which also strip the oils from your hair. Let a professional treat you hair would be my recommendations. Dont use the DAWN!
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 5:46 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• i agree with lacy! That will destroy your hair! beleive it our not your hair has a life!!!! (Im loving beauty school)
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 7:44 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• yeah i'm with Lacy and Iraqivetwife. Step away from the dawn. you can even go to a beauty school and get the color lifted for a good price.
    hairstylist2011

Answer by hairstylist2011 at 12:55 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Never heard of it, wouldnt try it if I were you
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 2:23 PM on Oct. 8, 2010