When you first became pregnant was there one day it kind of hit you that in 9 months you would be taking care of someone else besides yourself and you where terrified?

I had that moment tonight when I went to pick my sister up from a halloween party and got stuck in the hosts drive way. After getting unstuck I almost ran through a ditch and after checking my car at a gas station it just kinda dawned on me that it could have been so much worse. When I got home and called my fiance i justed started balling, and I couldn't help but think what if it was worse my child could have been hurt, or my sister and it scared me becaused I realized I am really reckless and I need to straighteb up my act.

momma2be18

Asked by momma2be18 at 1:44 AM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• That was me. I had just graduated from high school and about 3 weeks later i started having all these symptoms. Since i was on birth control i didn't have a period. And one day about a couple weeks after i took the test and it came back positive i just started thinking how terrified i was. For one i was only 18 and for two the fact that i would be supporting my own child. I'm now 6 months pregnant and sometimes i still have those days. but i always think how exciting it will be to finally hold my little boy!

Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I remember some crazy lady tried to run me off the road near my apartment when I was pregnant with my first. She had pulled out in front of me, then started waving her hands -- pulled along side me and tried to get me to pull over (presumably so she could kick my ass) I hadn't done a damned thing to her -- she cut ME off and got angry at me. I got so worked up, I swear to you I could envision seriously hurting this woman if she tried to hurt my unborn child. If it had been just me, I would have blown her off as a nut and forgotten it long ago.. but being pregnant I think I could have hospitalized this woman. I am working on child number three --- and I have STILL had that feeling. Even after going through this all before.. I worry about being able to 'handle' three kids, having the energy to be a good Mom (pregnancy + 2 kids = cranky and tired!)
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 2:34 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I'm 32 weeks (today yay!) and I still get terrified at the thought of a little wriggling baby being totally dependent on me and me alone above all others. I mean, motherhood is the most coveted title to womankind, and I'm about to become one in two months or less! It's a very scary thought. I can't wait to hold my baby and I can't wait to take care of her and raise her and be there for her forever and ever, but at the same time I don't want to make any mistakes. It's totally normal to be scared about having a little person around to take care of. I think it's hard to imagine until the baby actually is born, though. When my daughter is born and I look into her face...I just know that I'll know what to do =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:06 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• lol honey I have 15 days left until my c-section. I wish it were 9 more months until he was here! I am soooooooooo not ready for this but in a way I'm ready for it to be tomarrow.
    makaena

Answer by makaena at 11:44 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• it never really hit me. only a few days after the baby was born, i realized this thing was real, and going to grow fast!
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 25, 2008