How many times does your 9 month old nurse in 24 hours?

Just a general survey, I know every baby is different. Just wondering how accurate the chart my dd's nutritionist gave us is. If your answer is only "on demand", please don't. I really do want a number, please! thanks :)

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You do realize that most people can't give you a number because most feed the best way and that is on demand...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:59 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Every 2 hrs (even at night). My sons 2yo now so it's not as often ( only b4 sleeping n if I'm around then). Enjoy nursing!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• When mine was 9 months she nursed early morning, like 5. around 8 before breakfast. Sometimes between breakfast and lunch. Before lunch. Early after noon. Before dinner and before bed. so 7-8 times. I also pumped at around 1-2am.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Rhianna, the problem is that the "correct" answer is NOT a number.

Here's what mine could and did do:

Sunday 12 times.

Monday 7 times

Tuesday:10 times

Wednesday: ALL NIGHT LONG from 9PM to 5AM.. no real end in between.

Never the same number of nursings per day. Nor for the same amount of time, ever. There is no such thing as a correct number. But this is what you DO need to know: Nurse before solids. As long as you do that all the time baby will always nurse enough. If the nutritionists chart tells you nurse first, solids after, then you can disregard the numbers and follow only that advice. If it focuses only on a number, it is NOT accurate and I can use it to line my parakeet's cage. **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 2:23 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• When my daughter was nine months old she nursed approximately 5 times per day. Hope that helps!
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 2:28 PM on Oct. 6, 2010