8 month old sleeping only on his stomach??!!!!

My son Only sleeps on his stomach, even tho he's 8 months i worry about SIDS. Its ok for him to sleep on his stomach right? He does Not like to sleep on his side or back

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's fine for him to sleep on his tummy. If he is rolling over, there isn't really anyway to stop him from doing it. By this age the risk of SIDS has decreased by quite a bit.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 2:04 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• MY DH SLEEPS ON HER STOMACH TOO EVEN IF I PUT HER ON HER BACK

robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 2:04 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• nothing to be concerned about. just make sure there are no hazards like loose bedding or pillows or stuffed animals
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 2:05 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• at that age he is old enough to flop around on his own, so it should be ok. from what i understand by that age the chance for sids DRAMATICALLY decreases....
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 2:17 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• So does my 7 month old and she has been since she was 4 months, I was very scared when I would go in and she would be out of her sleep positioner and on her belly across the other side of her bed but my doctor reasured me that once they can move their head and roll over the risk of SIDS decreases greatly. I was reminded not to put anything in her bed with her except a light blanket.
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 11:43 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• my doctor said that it was fine for them to sleep on their stomach as long as they can turn over on their own now. its really only dangerous when their younger, before they can roll over on their own. Just make sure there isnt any stuffed animals of thick heavy blankets that he/she could get trapped in.
    sarahdalenej

Answer by sarahdalenej at 12:10 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• My son started doing that, too, and he still does (2 years old). Your little guy is old enough now to support himself and move enough that if he gets uncomfortable, or accidentally lays on his face, he can move his head or roll over. Make sure he's got nice warm jammies on because you don't want pillows or blankets in his bed if he's sleeping on his tummy. Make sure to take any toys/stuffed animals out of the crib when you lay him down.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Yeah my little one started that when she was about 4 or 5 months old and she's 2 1/2 now and always goes to sleep on her tummy first. My 11 month old sleeps on her belly too.
    mommalady

Answer by mommalady at 1:04 AM on Oct. 26, 2008