My oldest son is twenty and just informed us his girlfriend is pregnant. adult content

My oldest is twenty, still in college living at home. He just informed us his girlfriend is pregnant. I am still adjusting to the news, but I am concerned about telling his grandmother (my mother, who is 85). She is very old fashioned and I dont have the heart to drop this bombshell on her. Any suggestions on how to approach the subject and tell her. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• What are the plans going to be between ds and his gf? I would wait till all the plans are in place, then go from there. Do they plan on getting married, living together, keeping it, not keeping it? No sense on telling grandma until all the ducks are lined up.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:06 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Make him tell her. It is his responsibility.

foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 1:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Make your son tell her.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 1:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• accidenty hit send, I think that by him telling her she may respect it more. She may suprise you and be very happy.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 1:05 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Tell her she will have the honor to become a great grandmother in her lifetime!

Answer by older at 1:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• She might take it well. My grandma is old fashion and when I told her I was pregnant a=when I was 19 she expressed her disappointment but she was happy at the same time. She wasn't happy I didn't marry my husband right away but she put her feelings aside. She now loves her great grandchildren. It may be different for me because I was always a grandmas girl. She has always favored me over all of her other grandchildren.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Make your son tell her. It is his responsibility. He isn't a minor.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:08 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Thank you for your comments, my son isn't planning on getting married until after college, and securing a job.
    So hopefully when his plans are all set his grandmother will handle the situation the best she can. Thanks you for your support.
    parentofboys

Answer by parentofboys at 1:12 PM on Oct. 6, 2010