What's the last book you have read lately?

Just to get off the subject...are there any book readers in here? What is the last book you have read lately? any comments on the book?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• i am almost done reading "One Ranger" an autobiography by Joaquin Jackson, who is a retired Texas Ranger. it is a great book. each chapter tells a different story, so its not like one llloonnggg story throughout the whole book. it basically is him telling a little about his life, and telling some of his most memorable cases he worked or people he encountered as a texas ranger. its pretty funny, but intriguing at the same time. i have really enjoyed the book. in fact, im getting off of CM to go read a few chapters....
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 2:27 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• The last book I read is Brisingr by Christopher Paolini. It was WONDERFUL!!! It only took me 3 days to finish it (I'm a fast reader) so I'm reading it again!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 2:46 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I read the Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers. WONDERFUL and Moving. If you feel you are straying from the Lord, this will bring you right back!!!!!!
    Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult - Creepy
    and Dear John by Nick Spark - Romantic
    softchick21

Answer by softchick21 at 2:49 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I just read the entire Twilight Saga ...

AWESOME!!!
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 3:12 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I know it was either Dean Koontz or Jonathon Kellerman, but I cannot remember for sure which book it was. Shoot. I love to read and I do it so much, all the books nearly blend together.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:22 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• :12 AM on Oct. 25, 2008 by: AnnieMcD

I just read the entire Twilight Saga ... AWESOME!!!

I've only read the first book, but I have to agree! I can't wait until the movie is released!

I just finished the first book in the Fablehaven series. It was excellent.

msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 6:27 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Shackles-Overcoming Domestic Abuse, by Malaika Cohen. This non-fiction novel is an inspiration, and lets me know I can manage this.. If you've suffered an abusive childhood or marraige(or in so many cases, both), it is a great inspiration, and is a very well-written and heartfelt book about carrying on in the face of serious adversity, so actually, anyone may be able to get something out of it.
    The last book I read to my daughter was Losing Eddie, by Deborah Joy Corey, which I also highly recommend. She is a 14 year-old struggling with severe depression, and she (and I) just loved it. The main character, a young girl, has the most tragic summer, but stands strong and survives to tell the tale(even if no-one will listen.) A great line from the book : "There's something wrong with all of us." (None of us are perfect.) I don't have to, but I still love to read to my child.
    abusedmom

Answer by abusedmom at 9:10 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Anne Collier's , 'If democrats had any brains, they'd be republican' ... I just cracked it open last night.

julianjordan

Answer by julianjordan at 9:47 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Nora Roberts "The Hollow" it is the second in a 7 book series. :)
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 10:54 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I just finished George Orwell's 1984. It was good, depressing, but good.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:13 AM on Oct. 25, 2008