Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

antibig eye

I was wondering if anyone has heard of the antibody found in your blood called antibig eye. I have talked to my ob and he will not tell me to much the only thing he is telling me is that when I get pregnant I will have to worry about it I just had a miscarrage on the 13th of this month we are planning on getting pregnant again. They are saying that when I get preg. again they will have to send me to peoria to get checked it might be as little as me taking 1 asprin a day but they will not tell me anything else Im just trying to figure out what it is I have talked to so many ppl and they are saying they have never heard of it.. They are also saying that if I need blood from a blood bank that they will have a hard time finding my bood type because of this..

So if anyone has any idea or has went through this please let me know..

Thank you

Answer Question

Asked by karlysmommy at 2:25 AM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

Level 2 (4 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • i was really curious, so i did some searching on google... anti big e is what you're talking about i believe... but i'm having a really hard time finding a site that explains what it means... still looking though!

    Answer by llansky at 2:46 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

  • llansky

    Answer by llansky at 2:48 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

  • Basically what they are worried about is that the child that was miscarried's blood came into contact with maternal blood, therefore making the mother sensitized. This will cause the mother's body to attack any future pregnancies that have that same blood type. I was also tested (I am Rh -) and was monitored for several months with blood tests to make sure my child was not in danger after my m/c. She is a healthy almost 3 year old.

    Answer by RenaeMom3277 at 2:43 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.