feeling like a subject on show 'hoarders'

any of you out there have a hard time getting rid of things?
Look at something that you haven't used in a long time (if ever) but you don't want to get rid of it because someone could use it?

my mother makes up stories about things that she has to make them sound really important so someone will want them.
such as telling my sister that a buster undergarment was one that she wore on her wedding day! When in truth, I bought it during college, didn't want it anymore, and she picked it out of my 'get rid of' box.

anyone else? need support today ladies! though my place isn't like the ones you see on Hoarders, I feel like some of those people on that show. I'm working through it all.

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Yes, it is so hard for me to get rid of things, trust me my house is not like hoarders but I could wind up that way if I don't watch out...
    In the far, and I mean far future.

I am going through my stuff and down sizing a lot. My daughters have 8 dolls, ok, now she only needs two and barely plays with them, so I told her she can only keep two and must recycle the rest. Even my self I had a skirt for 2 years love it but never wore it I am recycling it today horray....

Be honest with your self and your mom, memories never go away in your heart and head. Stuff is clutter and if it is not used anymore it must go tosomeone who can use it.....
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I like to throw things out. My father in law bitches at me that I need to keep every little piece of paper my son ever writes on and every piece of furniture, broken or not. For sentimental reasons.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 1:09 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• www.childrenofhoarders.com
    www.ocfoundation.org/hoarding/

Are both very helpful websites at least to me..... Good luck!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 1:16 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Thank you Everyone :) - thanks for the websites chefronswife!
    ItsMe89

Comment by ItsMe89 (original poster) at 1:39 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• nope if im not using it i try to find it a new home
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 5:46 AM on Oct. 7, 2010