Varicose veins

Has anyone gotten them while preggers? My 1st time around I had one on my inner thigh, it did not go away after pregnancy. Now w/my 2nd pregnancy I've gotten one on my groin and it hurts! Just wondering if anyone else has been in the same boat and what you did to relieve it? I ordered the special maternity hose and am waiting on them to arrive. I'm also elevating my feet more. I just don't understand why I'm getting them during pregnancy. I'm not overweight or stand/sit for too long of a period. :( I'd love any helpful feedback. Thanx!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have a couple on my lower leg from when I was pregnant with my daughter, I stood on my feet in one spot at work for 8 to 10 hrs a day so I am pretty sure that was my cause. I wear a support sock if I am going to be on my feet a lot. It hasnt really caused me any pain though.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 1:14 PM on Oct. 6, 2010