Can you give out candy @ your kids school ?

Ok every Halloween my kids schools let the kids dress up in their costumes and they walk around the school for us parent to hand out candy & treats to all of the kids.This year we are not allowed.They want us to by pencils and things like that.I understand the whole health thing,but they sent a letter home wanting us parents to donate candy,cupcakes and other baked goods to sell at the dance.I was just wondering if your kids schools have done this.

I personaly dont think it is right that they cant have the costume parade and get candy,but us parents can send baked goods and candy for them to sell to our kids to make money.If they are going to preach the whole health thing,I think it should be all the time,not make exceptions so they can make money.I hope I dont sound childish.lol

4mom247

Asked by 4mom247 at 3:18 AM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Health

• Some schools allow this but ask not to send anything with nuts. It's better to call the school and find out for sure.
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 6:43 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• It does seem ludicrous, doesn't it? Cupcakes aren't exactly nutritious, are they?  More and more schools are banning candy saying it makes kids fat.  At the same time, they are cutting down on recess and PE.  Makes no sense.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:37 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Yeah, it should be all or nothing
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 1:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• My school says nothing with sugar in the first three ingredients, no nut, egg or gluten either (for allergies) which limits a lot of stuff. I hate it that kids have to be so limited in their party food options but at the same time if my kid is the one with allergies I would be glad to know my kid was safe
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 2:00 PM on Oct. 25, 2008