Discouraged, can you relate?

I've been wanting to have baby #3, but recently we've been stressing about money badly. How are we gonna afford to buy Christmas gifts for our 2 kids, Christmas tree, decorations, all that stuff... So then I start to think, if we're stressing about how we're going to provide a Christmas for 2 kids, what happens if we DO get pregnant w/ #3, how will we provide a Christmas for 3?! Can anyone relate to money stressors?! We've been okay financially the past few years, but recently it's been tight and i've now been looking for a PT job which was NOT the plan, I was supposed to stay home with the kids... Now it looks like i've gotta go back to work. I was hoping to work early in the morning into the afternoon somewhere, but the only jobs i've been able to find are at night and require me to be away from my family at night :( Makes me sad... I'm just venting, hoping to find some encouraging words.

Ihavehope9

Asked by Ihavehope9 at 1:14 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Definitely can relate. I got christmas for four. We do an aritificial tree because you buy it onceand use it for years. Make sure getting a PT job is worth it because by the time you pay daycare you are still in the same place. I would suggest PT at a restaurant for you. Got a Sonic Drive-In near by?? You can work the breakfast hours. My main point is work an IHOP or Sonic for the tips as well as the paycheck. Save the tips for the holidays. For what it's worth I have to be a SAHM for a little longer. (Daycare and extra gas not in the budget. Maybe when they all go to school all day.) So getting christmas for four kids on one income,... yeah stressing. I feel your pain.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:07 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Good, i'm glad i'm not alone! My parents would be watching the kids, but I want early morning hours at like a Starbucks or something- 6am to noon or something... a few days a week, and just put the checks in the savings account until Christmas shopping time! I just hope I can find a PT job in time, but this has ALMOST completely changed my mind for wanting a 3rd! :-/ Not to mention, we just moved into a 2bdrm townhome that we planned on only staying in for 6 months, then upgrading to the 3 bdrm in case we had another baby, but we are SO in love with where we are, we don't wanna leave! But we can't have 3 kids and 2 adults in a 2 bdrm, not even sure if that's legal! I've been a SAHM for 3 1/2 yrs, it's gonna be strange to work again, but I really hope I get the job. Won't know until next week!
    Ihavehope9

Comment by Ihavehope9 (original poster) at 2:43 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Actually unless it's a different gender, three is not all that much more work than two. I don't live in a townhome so I don't know about the "rules" , but I think you could get by with five people in a two bedroom. Starbucks would be ok I guess I never worked there before. I have Sonic and did the Dominos Pizza before too. Tips were nice to me. The good thing is DH works the toy store so we get a good chance at the hot toys of the year and advanced notice of what is going to be clearanced out. We do christmas shopping all year long. LOL Anyway, good luck on the job hunt.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:01 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Thanks!
    Ihavehope9

Comment by Ihavehope9 (original poster) at 9:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I think we are all feeling the pressures of the economy lately. Be thankful you still have your home and your family. I lost mine when DD was 9 months old.. and have slowly worked hard to build it all back. I'm still in a lot of debt, but at least now am working and can financially provide for her and am slowly working off that debt as well.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:28 PM on Oct. 7, 2010