Can anyone help explain this weird sore on my nose piercing?

I've had my piercing done for almost a month now and about 2 weeks ago I noticed it was starting to act up. There is a open, fleshy-like sore (very small, like the size of the head of the stud in my nose) that consistently bleeds and scabs. I've been doing salt-water soaks with a couple drops of TTO twice a day, and it's not getting worse, but it's not getting better either. There is no pain, itching, or oozing so I'm not concerned about infection - just want my nose to stop bleeding and making gross scabs!! :o)

If anyone has experienced this and can give me some hints/guidance, I'd love to know!!!

MrsRich

Asked by MrsRich at 3:39 AM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• When I had my nose pierced I had a sore around the piercing for a little bit. It finally went away. Have you had a cold recently? Irritated sinuses? Allergies? Anyways, it will go away! Mine did! I know, it's ugly and you feel like when you look in the mirror it's all you can see...but most people do not notice it. Honestly, I have had one, it will go away eventually.
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 2:07 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Could you be allergic to the stud itself?
    Banani263

Answer by Banani263 at 4:23 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I don't think so, because it doesn't hurt or itch, and the area that is the most exposed to the stud (the shaft) is totally fine and almost completely healed...
    MrsRich

Answer by MrsRich at 12:42 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• i have my nose pierced and that heppned to me to. dont worry about an infection, it will go away if u dont mess with it and put medicine on it like the stuff your suppose to treat it with when you got it done. but dont take the nose stud out, becuase that will make it worse!
    tiffany275

Answer by tiffany275 at 6:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Sounds like it will go away then :) leave it in though its cute!
    Banani263

Answer by Banani263 at 1:34 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I would go back to the piercer and have them take a look at it. They'll be able to tell you if it's a cyst, or if you need to go see a Dr about picking something else up for it.
    Kestrel1

Answer by Kestrel1 at 6:43 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• my too, got mine is march,... i was bad and changed the ring several times since then, trying to find one I like, but mine is still not healed, and it's flaky around the hole, and stil bleeds & scabs .. I finally got a good hoop in, so I'l leaving it for 6 months to heal!!
    hwillard123

Answer by hwillard123 at 12:23 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• It could be a keloid. Mine used to do that too and then i still left the ring in and it got bigger and bigger and I just decided to take the ring out because I did not want an ugly bump growing on my nose like broomhilda! lol. Go to the piercer and get it checked too.
    Sunshine4u300

Answer by Sunshine4u300 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• So far I've talked to a few different piercers and none of them are worried about it. But if it's not getting better by the end of the week, I'm gonna go in again to yet a different piercing parlor and get another opinion. It's just so frustrating not being able to get an answer, and I was hoping to find someone who had been through something similar.

I had been doing the sea salt soak 2x/day for a week and a half, but decided to take a couple days off to see if I notice a difference. The skin was still raw and fleshy in that bubbly spot. Now it's starting to scab up, so maybe it will start to heal. The question is, is it okay for it to heal, or will I be healing a nasty bumpy scar permanently on my face??? Ahh!! :o)
    MrsRich

Answer by MrsRich at 4:40 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• ADDED 6 MONTHS LATER...

I forgot to come back and update this. In case anyone reads this who had the same thing happen and wanted to know how this turned out, I'll go ahead and update it! I didn't end up going in to another piercer to get another opinion. Once I stopped doing the sea salt soak and left it to scab & heal, it actually healed just fine on it's own! I was so scared that it would leave a nasty bump or something, but it didn't. It looked perfect within a week or two, and I was thrilled!
    MrsRich

Answer by MrsRich at 12:35 PM on May. 11, 2009