Homosexual behaviour adult content

So, i understand that some religions claim that being homosexual is a choice, and that people choose to engage in this type of behaviour, and make a concious choice to be gay, and that is why it is bad.

When did you choose to be straight, and why? Since it is a descision, surely you remember when you chose not to be attracted to women?
What about animals? Many, many animals, including dolphons and monkeys, have gay sex.
Dolphins have sex for pleasure, as well as breeding, so do they 'choose' this?

I'm honestly not trying to bash, i just want to know why people think it's a choice.

Piskie

Asked by Piskie at 1:16 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I don't think it is a choice.. People cannot help who they are attracted to. If they could, so many women wouldn't be attracted to assholes! =)
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I don't think it's a choice. I think it is something pre-dispositioned in a person's brain.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 1:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I do not think it's a choice. I just cannot even imagine where the logic is in that statement?
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• no, I don't think it is a choice.

Very good points, you are attracted to who you are attracted too.

I know some may not believe in certain attractions are ok, but who cares what people think!!!!

What a world we would live in if everyone cared about what everyone else does... Who cares as long as they are not hurting anyone, killing, raping, beating, why should you care.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:20 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• You'll never get an answer to this. Just avoidance.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 1:21 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I think that for the ones who believe it's wrong... believeing it is a choice makes it easier to hate. If they believed that it is NOT a choice then that's harder

*hope that makes sense
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:24 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• some think it is a choice because they have not educated themselves on the lifestyle, or the person behind the lifestyle. Those who oppose the lifestyle for religious reasons should only be concerned about their own lives not the lives of others.

Answer by older at 1:24 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• what i mean is- if it is a choice, then free will makes more sense. If they are born that way -then they have to admit that God made them that way and it's harder to go with that...

*this makes sense to me-in my head- but I'm not sure it's coming across right...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:27 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• You make sense to me charlotsometimes:)
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 1:28 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• " If they are born that way -then they have to admit that God made them that way and it's harder to go with that..."

Bingo!
    sahmamax2