what do u think of davinci code the movie ?!

fire

Asked by fire at 3:40 AM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I thought it was a great movie. Very entertaining, and thought provoking. How historically accurate is it? Well I have no idea. I am not a historian. But all in all I liked the movie.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 8:58 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• As a Christian, I actually enjoyed it for what it was....a work of fiction. I thought it was a fabulous book, a real page turner. I don't think the movie did the book justice, but that is how it usually seems. I don't believe it was true, but it was a fascinating read.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Loved it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:37 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• It's a good story...but the people that take blindly for the truth are kinda dumb : / They should know better.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:58 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I don't believe a word of it but it makes for great entertainment!
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 11:53 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I would suggest reading the book. It's much more in depth. It is a work of fiction, of course, but like many fiction stories, it's built with a few bricks of fact. It's meaning has more significance, not to assign any human or group of humans so much functionality in the name of a deity. Just leads to bad things.
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 11:54 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• "It's a good story...but the people that take blindly for the truth are kinda dumb : / They should know better. :"

One could say the same thing about people who swallow scripture (no matter what religion) as the whole truth.
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 11:55 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• The movie was a disappointment compared to the book. It's OK.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:44 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I liked the book better -- but both are fiction and shouldn't be misunderstood as factual.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 2:44 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I realize that it's fiction but really it made some valid points that have been argued over the centuries.

It comes down to whether you believe Jesus had sex with Mary Magdalene. If you think they were lovers based on history, then the movie/book could be completely true. If not, you will see it as pure fiction.

Take the explinations by the british guy (sorry, his name escapes me) about the painting of the last supper. Why was Mary Magdalene in the painting? Why did eat person have a cup if they only drank from 1?
    Anonymous