Did you know?!...

That U.S. senators do NOT have to be natural born citizens? I find this interesting given the current lawsuits filed against Senator Obama. So, being a senator, we know is definitely legit for Obama. Being a President... well, what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 AM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I think this crap about his birth certificate is just that.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 4:57 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Obama WAS born in America.
    However, McCain was not.
    msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 6:28 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• sigh - this again? (rolls eyes)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Okay, you don't have to be a natural born citizen for any office in government EXCEPT for the President. I am not an Obama supporter, but we need to give the man the benefit of the doubt and wait to see if everything is in order before we suggest that he is not a natural born citizen, and the same goes for McCain on him dying in office,. All this fear mongering is stupid.
    Tayandstevenmom

Answer by Tayandstevenmom at 8:09 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• MsMoody: However, McCain was not.

Are you trying to start a debate about McCain's BC?  What are insinuating by any military baby born overseas?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:36 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I think that I cannot wait for November 5th....
    abs0726

Answer by abs0726 at 10:24 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Obama was born in Hawaii to an AMERICAN CITIZEN.

McCain was born in Panama to MILITARY PARENTS.

THEY ARE BOTH AMERICAN CITIZENS BY BIRTH RIGHT.

Oh my god! =O
    What a shocker!
    He's not actually as evil and horrible as they make him out to be!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:57 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• MsMoody: However, McCain was not.

Are you trying to start a debate about McCain's BC? What are insinuating by any military baby born overseas?

No, of course not. In fact, the Senate voted that he was in fact eligable to run for the Presidency. I'm just making a point that there have been doubts about the citizenship of BOTH candidates, yet there are countless posts about Obama.

msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 2:58 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• gotcha.. Thanks for clarifing... ;)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:24 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Berg "birth certificate" lawsuit DISMISSED!
    25 October - According to the right-wing site "America's First", (which has been very fair in their coverage of this lawsuit), R. Barclay Surrick has dismissed the lawsuit that Philip J. Berg has brought against the DNC, FEC, and Sen. Obama's campaign.

Let me repeat, the lawsuit have been **DISMISSED**.

The order and memorandum was at 6:15pm EST on 24 October 2008, and as expected, was dismissed due to lack of standing.

ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 12:53 AM on Oct. 26, 2008