Mixing Business with Pleasure!

I am in the process of opening up my own business and my brain is exploting with new ideas and I am super excited!
In the past my SO and I were involved in a business and did not work out too well. He wanted to hold hands and give me kisses while conducting a meeting (a huge NO)! Needless to day, I opted to get out of it because I could not stand it and I love my SO.
So now this time around, I am starting my OWN business and I want him out of it completely (with the exception of enjoying the profits while vacationing together)
He is a handy man and knows how to do a lot of things, on top of that, he is a computer person who knows how 2 do websites, graphic design etc.
To make a long story short, I am shopping around for graphic designers, webmasters, etc to start my business going & He insist that he can do all that for me FREE.
I want to tell him stay out of it otherwise our relationship will get hurt -HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Look if it is free you best believe it is for me....

Just be honest with him say I would love for you too help me but on one condition. This is my business, you help when I need help.

I would say I love you but I want to do this for me, and when I am happy everyone is happy right baby... :) Be honest and gentle at the same time. If he is willing to help for free then get all the help you can get, but make it clear that every other decision is on you and it is your business so if you tell him to back off he must. If he don't agree then tell him you will have to hire help. :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:32 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I agree. Free is good. I help my dh with marketing and communications but I respect the fact that it's his business and he is the boss. Let him do your website, design your logo and whatever else he specializes in. Get his feedback but be the decision maker. It's a fine line but I bet he will be glad to help and hurt if you go elsewhere.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 6:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I agree with the others, allow him to help you. It will save you money! I also help my dh with his business and I keep it strictly business. Just set up your boundaries, and stick to them. I'm sure he will understand!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 1:03 PM on Oct. 8, 2010