What's with the smell???

So this might be a "TMI" question, I have to know what's going on with my body....

but for the past couple of weeks, I've been having a VERY strong "fishy" smell coming from my vagina. I know as a woman with your discharge you tend to have that smell....but this time, it's SUPER strong. Even my fiance is noticing it.

What could it be?

jamiesmom8788

Asked by jamiesmom8788 at 4:18 AM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Health

• Have you had any changes to your diet recently? The things that you eat can affect the taste and smell down there...
    roxy85

Answer by roxy85 at 4:38 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• i know that when theres a smell and theres discharge its most likely a UTI.
    Keolalani

Answer by Keolalani at 4:43 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I just recently got off birth control, so I thought it'd be that. and Im hoping it's not a UTI....that'd suck!! What are the symptoms on that? And can't I give that to my partner if we have sex??
    jamiesmom8788

Answer by jamiesmom8788 at 5:07 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• get checked for a UTI (urine tract infection)
    caitlin7

Answer by caitlin7 at 5:19 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• everytime it has happened to me it has been vaginitis ......and i needed antibiotics......they do a culture and can find out right away
    cameron536

Answer by cameron536 at 6:53 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I dunno....try a vinegar water douche and see if it helps. You should not douche but on occasion, but once would not hurt. If it doesn't improve, call your Dr. on Monday!
    MamaDiane

Answer by MamaDiane at 8:38 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• That's the problem, I don't have health insurance so I have to figure this out on my own....
    jamiesmom8788

Answer by jamiesmom8788 at 2:55 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• usually it's bacterial vaginosis, ive had it a few times no matter how clean i am.
    Anonymous

• How do I fix it?
    jamiesmom8788

Answer by jamiesmom8788 at 11:01 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• It could be as simple as something you are ingesting..a particular food or supplement or vitamin...or it could be something more, such as a bacterial infection, a urinary tract infection, or a yeast infection. The best thing to do would be to check with your doctor. A quick test can tell you for sure, and if it is an infection, it is certainly better to get it taken care of immediately than to let it go until it progresses into something more serious (and more painful), such as a kidney infection. Trust me, those are not fun.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:20 AM on Oct. 26, 2008