Personal Question: 38 weeks pregnant and dont know when to go to hospital! adult content

I am 38 weeks pregnant and i am dilated 2cm and 70% effaced.. I noticed a clear jelly like discharge for the past week. what does this mean in terms of going into labor! my contractions come and go and they are just mild. when i told my doc about the clear discharge she told me that its my cervix getting ready but she didnt seem too worried about it. they keep on telling me that until my water breaks or that i get horrible contractions that are 5 mins apart labor wont start.. what should i do!

Layan82

Asked by Layan82 at 1:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well, it's clear that you are not in labor so you do not need to go to the hospital.

:)

You go when you are in labor and you cannot walk, talk or think through the contractions.
    Do you have support for you at home? Do you have a Doula or a lady friend or relative that can be there with you?
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:31 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Until your 3CM your not in labor. Go in when your contractions are about 5 mins apart or every intense and regular.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 1:31 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• wait till contractions are regular or your water breaks, otherwise they will probably send you home
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• If you get nervous call your dr. My water broke with my second one and I had no clue what it was (it leaked just a little at a time, so I honestly thought my bladder was to blame) So we called the dr.
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 1:33 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Nothing you can do except lay back and relax. No need for the hospital until your water breaks or your contractions are super intense.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:33 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• dont go until your contractions are 3-5 mts apart or your water breaks if you are only 2 cm dialted with no contractions or regular contactions they r just going to send u home.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:06 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• the clear jelly stuff is wat my older sister had plopin out for a few weeks nothing to e to worried about bt when your water breaks go ahead and go to the hospital
    lilyoungmom2b

Answer by lilyoungmom2b at 2:21 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Wait until contractions are 3-5 minutes apart. If your water breaks you can go but honestly as long as I didn't have a cord prolasp I would rush up there until contraction were really started.

You are at greater risk of developing an infection from gloved finger being inserted into repeatedly than you are waiting it out at home.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 2:23 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Well like your doc said you are not in labor you will know when you are they feel like menstrual cramps don't worry just rest while you can because when he gets here you won't have time to rest
    krystal2010

Answer by krystal2010 at 3:16 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Like your doc said - when your water breaks or your contractions are 5 minutes apart, THEN you go - it's pointless to go before that!
    Anonymous