besides walking (i already am doing) what is the best poor womens excersise?

peace013

Asked by peace013 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Lifting weights won't help you lose weight, so if that's your goal then avoid that. Lifting weights will only help you gain muscle.
    Cardio is your best friend for losing weight. This is Aerobics, walking, swimming, biking, kick boxing, and thing of that nature. Anything that keeps your entire bod constantly moving for 20-30 minutes everyday.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• exercise dvds from the library
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:32 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• yoga at home is good, but I do recommend the carpet!!! Alot of times you can do a search on the internet and find different things to do.
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 1:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• You can use gallons of milk full of water for weight lifting, or any other ingenious way to add weight for lifting.

Answer by older at 1:35 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• get on the floor and do some jackknifes and leg ups. do squats and lunges. you can get ideas for cardio on youtube(jumping jacks are fantastic cardio). you can google yoga stretches for the end of your workout (yoga is very important at the end of a workout)
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:44 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Definitely look on the internet - there's lots of information on Pilates exercises, and I love Pilates - anyone can do them.
    sandif

Answer by sandif at 1:53 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Actually, JasslikeMraz, lifting weights does help you lose weight. It can increase your metabolism, and the lean muscle you gain helps you burn fat. You should do both cardio and strength-training to get the best results.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 2:16 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Sorry, that should be JazzlikeMraz. I mistyped it.

I suggest a copy of 30 Day Shred. You can usually find it for about $9. You will need to get a set of cheap dumbbells to use with it, though.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 2:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Lots of workout videos at the library....if you have cable look for the exercise on demand channel, dozens of popular workouts there all free everyday. If you don't have cable th channel has some of the workouts online free as well: www.exercisetv.tv
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I dance. I turn on whatever happens to be playing on YouTube, TV, XM or my little stereo system. It really is fun. The dog thinks I am nuts, but I already know that. Got a buddy who has a YMCA membership? You can tag along with them. I wish you lived near me so we could go to the Y together. Any type of house cleaning, yard work and even sex is a good workout. I cannot attest to the last item, sex, as it is going on two decades since I have done that. Don't miss it, I eat Oreos instead! lol Good Luck.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 5:16 PM on Oct. 6, 2010