Maybe baby???

So my fiance' and I decided to try for a baby.
Well, I quit my birth control about two weeks ago and two days later I had a period (obviously, I knew it was comin'.) After the period passed, we kept trying and now I'm having SOME signs of a baby....but when is the best time to test? I don't wanna keep wasting the money to test....I wanna do it right!

jamiesmom8788

Asked by jamiesmom8788 at 4:19 AM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• The best time to test is a week or so before your next period should start. By then your HCG levels should be high enough that a HPT could detect them. From your post I'm getting that you've only been having unprotected sex for a week after you got your period...
    roxy85

Answer by roxy85 at 4:37 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• No, we've NEVER used condoms....only because we HATE them lol. But I've been on birth control for a while now....and we were having unprotected sex even before my period.
    jamiesmom8788

Answer by jamiesmom8788 at 5:07 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Actually, you should probably wait until you miss a period to test. and I think the above poster meant "no birth control" by saying unprotected sex. A week or two after conception is generally pretty early to have any pregnancy symptoms.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 8:32 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Your body will take awhile to return to the state in was in pre-BC. I've heard it can take up to three months to get all the BC out of our system. You'll want to wait at least until you miss a period.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 12:09 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Be patient! Everone's different but it took my dh and I a year to concieve out first son after going off of bc. But with my second and third it took like ONCE! (I never went back on the pill, just used other methods) So it seems like it took a while to get my cycle back to normal. A good way to find out if you are ovulating is to start charting. Here is a website with some good resources.

http://www.ovusoft.com/
    woodj2

Answer by woodj2 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• UPDATE: Soooooo my bf and I broke up. I got back on the pill as soon as I could. Only problem is.....Im starting to have more pregnancy symptoms. Im trying not to freak out, or jump to going and getting tested now....what do you think I should do???
    jamiesmom8788

Answer by jamiesmom8788 at 3:58 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Update #2: I went to PPH and took a pregnancy test today and it came out negative. Thank you for all your answers...it helped a lot!!
    jamiesmom8788

Answer by jamiesmom8788 at 2:58 AM on Nov. 5, 2008