Do you know someone or have you met someone who is full of shit about their weight/clothing size? adult content

I'm overweight and so is my co-worker. We are roughly the same size... she may be one size smaller than me; but not by much. Today we were talking about our goal weight and mine is to be back in a size 12-13. She said, "Oh I'm that weight now. I want to be back to a size 9."

Okay, so she is so full of shit she is making the room stink people! Lol. I am about a size 20 (UGH!) and like I said she isn't far from me.

Do you know anyone who lies like this or who is convinced they ARE a different size than they are?

I also hate women who broadcast to the world that they are a size 6 and are hanging out all over the place because they are more like a size 12 and won't wear clothes that fit. Ew, lol.

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 1:32 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I wouldn't let that bother me...shes only making herself look dumb if she is hanging out all over the place and claiming she is a certian size...also you both may not shop at the same store(s) and from personal experiance not all store sizeing is the same. I can be a 12 in one store and an 18 in another. For example, American Eagle runs big, I can fit 12/14 there...if I got to Kohls I have to get a size 18 or higher! So she could be "that" size because of where she shops.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 1:38 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I really do not care about anyone's size but my own.

Answer by older at 1:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• eh, not really any concern of mine
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Not to be the buzzkill here, but I'm gonna defend the underdog here. Not everyone processes weight gain the same. It took me a long time to come to terms with the weight I had become, including looking for others who were"worse" than me so I didn't feel worse than I already did. I lied about the clothing size, and often refused to look in the mirror so I wouldn't cry. I still hardly recognize myself sometimes. It took me a long time to come to terms with the fact that I was no longer a size 9. Maybe having this insight will help others not to get too upset when people do this.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:47 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• One of my relatives is that way. I've lost 30 pounds since March, so now I'm not even 100% sure what my size is. But back before I lost the weight, my relative swore up and down she was a size 18. I was in a size 18 at the time and she's clearly two or three sizes bigger than me. So when another relative lost weight, she handed some of her practically brand-new pants down to wheover wanted them. My relative snatched them (they were size 18's) before I could get them and I saw her wearing some a few days later. Pratically spilling out of them anywhere she could because they didn't fit!! I am not ashamed by my weight. I currently weight 190 (used to be 220) and probably wear a 16 or so, depending on the brand.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:37 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• well, i've been that person that people thought i was lying about my size/weight.... until they bought me the size they thought i was "supposed" to be in, and they were hanging on me like i was wearing my maternity clothes 30 lbs heavier. grrrr.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 1:38 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• you see people who are full of shit about their actual size every day. girls and women are ashamed to but cloths that actually fit them so they squeeze into pants 3 or 4 sized too small and end up looking like muffins...theres no shame in buying cloths that actually fit...3 years ago i was a size 0...i was way to small but that was the ideal. i gained a body and now i'm a healthy size 6, which is considered fat even though anyone could see i'm not fat at all, i'm 110 lbs, but i have wide hips and a big butt and i love it
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:40 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Maybe shes self consious about her weight/ clothes size. I was there for awhile, I went from a size 4 jean and now im size 13. its hard to admit the truth sometimes. Honestly, I wouldnt care if someone else fibbed about their size or weight. It just means they dont want you to know, or are afraid they'll be made fun of.
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 1:43 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I don't really care. It's their issues and I need to focus on me
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 1:37 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• My niece did that too. She called me fat, which I am overweight for my height, but so is she. I wear a size 18 and I know she wears either the same or a size bigger. Yet she claims she was in a size 7, which wouldn't even fit over her calf. Before she had her son she was a skinny mini, and she probably fit into a size seven back then. I was a size 12 when I was at my skinniest, but I have had three kids in just under three years. Or will in February. Anyway, so yea she was totally BS'ing me about her pants size. Ah well, she can live in a dolusional world.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:39 PM on Oct. 6, 2010