S/O Homosexual Behavior...

IF you believe Sexuality is a choice...

Is it only wrong to be homosexual if you ACT on it? Or just if you feel it?

I mean, lots of straight people choose not to be sexually active, even though they are attracted to the opposite sex. SO, if someone "chooses" to be Gay and decides not to be sexually active, are they still wrong? Is it the internal feelings or the external actions which are wrong?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 1:37 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Sabrina, for most religious folks it is ok to be gay as long as you don't act on it, so basically they would much rather have them live a lie than act.

Answer by older at 1:39 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I'm going to guess its the acting on it b/c its the action day after day of 'being" gay that is a sin. I guess one can lust all they want in their heart. Oh wait thats a sin too....hmmmm. Gays just can't win.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 1:39 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Interesting question although I don't think it is wrong in any way. I would like to see some answers on this.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 1:40 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• So, lets see...

They can Lust (which is "sinful") or they can lie (which is "sinful") and make everyone else more comfortable...
    OR they can simply act on their feelings (which is "sinful") and make themselves happy...

Hmmm... And people wonder why so many choose to act on their feelings...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 1:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I don't think being homosexual is wrong at all and it is who you are not a choice. You don't choose if pizza tastes good it does or it doesn't. Same thing goes with your sexual attraction either you are attracted to one gender or another or sometimes both. Enjoy life and have fun.
    mepperly07

Answer by mepperly07 at 1:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I'm intrigued to hear the answer to this. My personal beliefs on the subject are that its just fine either way :]
    LovableNeurotic

Answer by LovableNeurotic at 1:42 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• You know me, I'm a Proud member of the GLBT community, so I obviously see nothing wrong with it, but I've often wondered what the issue really is... Feeling or Acting...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 1:43 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• The act Sabrina, the act!

Answer by older at 1:45 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I don't know about other religions, but In Judaism, it's the ACT, not the feeling or the tendency, that's wrong.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 3:08 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

This seems to be the common way of thinking, which makes me really sad. Everyone should be able to be themselves and live their lives without pretending to be something they're not, just to please people who would judge them. Sad.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:47 PM on Oct. 6, 2010