My son wont sleep in his own bed!

My son is almost 4 and wont sty in his own bed. I lived in a one bedroom apt for the first year of his life, and he slept with me. But almost 3 years later, he stills wants my bed. He throws fits at bedtime when I make him go in his bed. Even so, I will wake up, and he is in bed with me!! He crawls in after I am asleep!! How do I stop this??

Emily441

Asked by Emily441 at 1:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You just let him fall asleep and quietly move him... every time you catch him in there.

It's tough and takes a while but he'll get used to sleeping in his bed.
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 1:55 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• If you can't make him mind during the day, how the heck do you think you can make him stay in his bed?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:58 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• my son is the same way so i let him fall asleep were he wants and move him
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 3:49 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

this is exactly what we did with our son. we would let him fall asleep and then put him back in his bed. if he came back to our bed, we waited for him to fall asleep and moved him again. yes, it will take time and it's hard, but if you stick with it, it will pay off.

MommyToEthan

Answer by MommyToEthan at 5:49 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• keep puttin him back in his bed and telling him he has to sleep in there
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2010